View Single Post
Old 18-12-2013, 18:43   #61
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: is Christianity a force for good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Matthew 18:20.
.....and also of course 28:19 which explains why Christians feel the need to share their beliefs with others.

The thing is that Christians are just people, like anyone else be they Jew, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist or even atheist. We're all human. We're probably all trying to live our lives the best we can but we all also make mistakes and mess up. We lose our temper at times, we get frustrated, we are sometimes sad, sometimes deleriously happy. We laugh, we cry, we love, we mourn. As Christians we acknowledge our imperfections and express our gratitude to Jesus Christ our Saviour for his unconditional love and atoning sacrifice on our behalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
It's OK to joke - but doesn't it bother you that millions of pages of ancient texts are sitting below the Vatican and we probably will never know what they contain, in our life time!?
I wouldn't go so far as to say it bothers me. I am curious about what is there though and why the powers that be seem to think we need to be protected from the knowledge contained in these documents. It doesn't worry me though because one day all truth will be known and I believe we do have enough information if we are willing to search it.

I personally don't go a bundle on all the trappings and paraphernalia of many churches. I prefer simplicity and believe it is closer to what Christ himself was trying to get across to people. However, others do like to praise God with beautiful creations. We should all be free to choose our preference whatever that is, and whatever we believe.

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 18-12-2013 at 18:44. Reason: oops! typo!
WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web