View Single Post
Old 25-01-2014, 17:08   #123
kestrelx
Senior Member+

Re: is Christianity a force for good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You are entitled to your beliefs....but you are not entitled to disrespect and sneer at those people who have beliefs that differ from yours.
The whole legal system is faith based. There would be no education if it had not been for monks, who taught latin to the children of rich men...then it was the London Guilds which educated children......and the education of children went on from there.

Not all muslims believe that they have to perform acts of terror.....only those who have been radicalised.....and radicalisation occurs by men who pervert the religion they profess to love...so this isn't the doing of religion per se it is the doing of man in the name of religion...man is using religion as a scapegoat for his own agenda - which usually involves obtaining power or money or both.

I can live along side those who have a faith...I can live alongside those who don't have a faith. I respect both for their choices. It isn't hard.
What about the Catholic nuns who abused girls and women in their care in the name of god and jesus?

Nuns 'abused hundreds of children' - News - The Independent

And priests who molested boys and so on. I don't respect an organisation that does that to people.

PS Education from monks at a price...
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote