Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Hmmmmm...do you have an opinion?

Hmmmmmmm..

Revealed: how much you pay towards benefit bill - Telegraph

this would seem to disagree with your statement, care to elaborate and change my mind?
I see far too much of this 'scrounger' hating.I'd suspect that there comes a point where people have been unemployed for so long that they become institutionalised by the benefits trap. The disparity between benefit provision and the rising cost of living means that the longer you're on benefits the more defensively you have to manage your finances and your lifestyle as a whole. It comes to the point where you're not trying to make ends meet this month, but you're trying to make ends meet for last month. Life becomes a battle against drowning, and swimming back to shore becomes less possible.

Maybe what I should of said is none of your hard earned taxes pay for any welfare benefits.Its paid entirely from NI contributions. The only people getting 'benefits' from the tax you pay are MPs. I think MPs should be means tested,and this is where cuts should be made,before they get their heating (and everything else) paid for while 80yr old Betty at No4 is too scared to put the heating on.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote