Thread: BENEFITS hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 09:51   #16
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

No, I haven't said that.
But it is strange when those on benefits can have children , when those who are in work have to stop and consider whether they can actually afford to have another child.
It is also strange to see folk who I know to be on benefits in Costa coffee having breakfast.
This isn't to say they are not entitled to spend their money on what they want, but if they were in such dire financial straits, that seems to be a bit extravagant.

I know that taxes pay for lots of things(like the salaries of those who run this county)...... Those who are working pay taxes..... Usually through PAYE......but those on benefits do not.
So those who are not working are being funded by those who are, and are paying tax......I pay tax on my pension, throughout my working life I contributed to the wealth and fabric of this country. Those who could work but don't( because they can get more on benefits than they can by working) contribute nothing.....they just subtract.....from society, from their self worth, and this is what is wrong.
Benefits should never be worth more than a wage, and living on benefits should never be a lifestyle choice.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web