View Single Post
Old 29-04-2014, 17:10   #35
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: It's not so smart to have a 'smart meter'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Where do you get the idea that anyone has died because they were frightened to use their heating because of these meters?
No mention of deaths caused directly or indirectly in the article you have linked to.
Perhaps it is just a little bit of 'over the top' speculation that has somehow crept into your thinking?
Perhaps it was a little "over the top speculation" on my behalf, however if one (I'm sure there would be more) old dear out of say the 20,000 (in the link below) was frightened enough to not put their heating on and died of hyperthermia, Would that then make them guilty of manslaughter etc (in your honest opinion)? I'm genuinely interested.

It's against the law for someone to be helped to die with dignity, but perfectly ok and legal for a government to engineer someones departure via hypothermia
The price increases we're seeing year on year are little comfort for the 3 million (you'll have to google the exact figures as I CBA ) pensioners spending more than say 10% of their income on fuel bills (some of which are not able to heat their home and have a hot meal on the same day) our government should be ashamed of treating our elderly in this way.

20,000 pensioners died from the cold last winter | UK | News | Daily Express

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote