View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 14:18   #1
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Bigoted or free speech

Although all over the media & press the last couple of days there's been no comment on here about Jeremy Clarksons latest & to date "most offensive" & heinous derogatory exploit.

The supposed use of the word "nigger" in an episode of Top Gear from 2013, but causing a furore only now after its being highlighted & brought into the spotlight as stated by the press (daily mirror I believe broke the story), mainstream television news & public forums etc.

The debate, as it is rages on from both sides. those in defence of free speech & right to use a language to its full potential & those that would castigate this as blatant bigotry & casual racism!.

I assume that the lack of comment is due to folks fearing to raise the issue because the finger would be pointed & they'd be tagged as being either a racist bigot or a lefty PC whiner, dependent on the stand point taken, who knows?

However controversial some subjects seem, I do believe that they need broaching, bringing out into the open & then being honestly discussed, all this without without recourse to infantile name calling & derogatory belittlement.

Now then, do I have any takers for open debate? Or will this thread, like so many of the injustices & unpleasantries that people face daily be quietly sidelined & hopefully forgotten in the hope that it may just go away by itself?