View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 17:54   #16
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Bigoted or free speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I think we both know, the 'problem' lies in folks personal morality, political correctness etc.
It's (generally) accepted in today's society (well at least amounts blacks), that "nigga" is used as non-derogatory.
It is, however, generally understood amongst the very same aspects of society that when non-blacks use the word it is meant in some sort of derogatory manner.
Not that I think your bothered but, my thoughts are that if folk are offended by a 'word' it's tough luck.
After all I'd like to look at every race as equal,as I'm sure you would?
But if black folk are allowed to use the 'N' word and other races aren't, then that divides us,are am I missing something?

I have been called, whitey, honky, Gringo and many, many other names while working with people of many different races, was I offended?

No, why? because I was working with people that use these terms as a matter of fact because to them that is who I am.
The same people weren't offended when I used their racial description back to them, why? Because to them that is exactly who they are.
If you are working surrounded by Muslims in a Muslim Country it doesn't pay to feel offended as those you are working with don't mean any offence.

Only here do we have problems because Nanny State knows best.

Last edited by Less; 04-05-2014 at 17:58.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web