View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 14:09   #26
accyman
God Member

Re: Bigoted or free speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
I used to love the seventies comedy Love Thy Neighbour about bickering next door neighbours,one black, one white. I doubt it will ever be shown again as the banter would be seen as offensive these days. Thing is, from what I remember,the black guy always came out top making the white guy look stupid and bigoted. I don't think many people would be offended but, the PC police would never 'allow' us the choice to watch it again.
its very rare the person complaining is the person who would be effected by the term yet its rare it happens the other way around like when a black man hears a slang or bad word refering to whites been used.Its pretty much a white thing where someone gets up in arms on someone elses behalf.

many many blacks attended bernard mannings shows and they wernt going there to protest at his jokes they went knowing damn well if bernard saw them he would directly take them on one to one and take a pop at them using words .I dint say offensive words because the person who was directly the target of his words wasnt offended therefore they wernt offensive yet despite the black man going to the concert,not been offended and having a good time some moron the next day usually white would be demanding bernard be arrested for been racist.Occassionally you got the odd black person somehow linking bernard to slavary in the old days but no one really paid attention to them.

my conclusion is that black people are better at taking jokes,are more laid back and dont get a kick out of attracting attention to themselves butthat theory does exclude a simialr shade that will shoot a gun in the air and burn flags if somone so much as draws a specific cartoon image yet alone use a naughty word

as reginald d hunter said in his stand up , if i bump into a black man in teh dark and say sorry i didnt see you there am i been racist ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote