View Single Post
Old 30-05-2014, 07:31   #93
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Bigoted or free speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
perhaps Clarkson did not benefit from a good enough education.
Well if that's the case he's certainly doing quite well on it, so what does that say about the education others receive?

Yet going back to the free speech issue "Question time" yesterday evening & a certain Mr.Joey Barton made an analogy between political parties & ugly women, an analogy mind, not directed at anyone in particular (I admit to grinning at his comment, along with quite a few members of the studio audience from what I could see), but needless to say the PC attack hounds were straight in & baying about the offensiveness of his comment, only then to go & end her parole by saying that it was to be expected by one such as him as "Footballers have their brains in their feet!"

That being a comment directed at him & footballers in general, so by far more personal & meant to be offensive, not a batted eyelid! He was also later harangued for his comment by a female questioner from the audience at which point the Lad apologised. So who here is victim & who the perpetrator ?