View Single Post
Old 30-05-2014, 09:01   #94
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Bigoted or free speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
So who here is victim & who the perpetrator ?
I would imagine the victim is the one that has no way of defending themselves from the comments of those with no sense of humour that take on the role of being offended on behalf of all the other ugly people, ugliness can be a state of mind, always being ready to attack even the most innocent of things such as an old nursery rhyme just because times have changed.

I imagine if folk wanted to they could attack Shakespeare's works as none P.C. Insist a variety of words or phrases be changed, but if that happens will it still be as it was meant to be understood at the time of writing?

Perhaps if I was to write a nursery rhyme now that used the nikker word then by modern standards it may be called offensive, however it wasn't meant to be offensive when first penned so only a narrow mind would find it offensive now.
Note to self, stand at the BLACKBOARD and write 100 times, 'I must not be offensive to anyone that uses an imaginary slight against any minority be it colour, sex or indeed opening an egg from the wide rather than the narrow end, because 50 years from now things will have changed and I won't be here to do anything about it'.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote