View Single Post
Old 19-06-2014, 15:20   #466
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Almost back to normal now thanks to BRH – an infection within 12 hours of surgery and they couldn’t even find me an extra blanket, but it was 0220 hrs and I had obviously disturbed their rest break.
Nothing much going on in the football world. Oh yes, there is the World Cup – can’t understand why it doesn’t excite me at least a little, but it doesn’t.
Why did he play 3 players out of their normal club positions – Rooney, Welbeck and Sterling – baffled me, perhaps it will be different tonight.
I don’t expect much to come out of the Theatre of Dreams until Holland finish in Brazil, just hoping it stays as Dreams and not Nightmares again.
I see the scousers have bought two strikers – could they be expecting someone to leave before the start of the season?
I hadn’t realised it was quite that long since the scousers won the Premiership/First Division. Is it really 24 years? Even the deadwoods haven’t had to wait that long.
Will be trying to get a ticket for Turf Moor to watch Burnley v La Crème, must be a downer for the deadwoods to see Burnley back in the Premiership again whilst they again struggle to stay in the Championship.
Let us hope that Stanley can emulate Fleetwood and make a real challenge this season.
Roll on the season start and then the “fun” can start all over again.
Accrington Web