View Single Post
Old 20-07-2014, 07:35   #3
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Children Are They Missing Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less, by the time they realise it will be too late for both the child and the parent.

Yes, of course some children are missing out....because some parents have no grasp of what is important in the life of a child.
"hit the nail on the head" M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Wandering home this afternoon behind a woman & her 5 or so year old child.
She was holding tightly to his hand they were having the sort of conversation I remember having with my kids when they were that age.
All of a sudden mummy scolds the child, be quiet now, the track I was waiting for has come on my ipad.
(Until then I hadn't noticed she had earphones on).
Now I know 5 year olds don't really talk a lot of sense, but surely they need their parents to listen and answer no matter how banal the subject is, how else can they progress?

Plus, how much fun is the mother/father missing out on when they prefer listening to so called music rather than an innocent view on the world?
Sadly, (IMO) The scenario you give plays out far too often in today's society Less. I agree, "how else can a child progress", some say even a newborn will gaze into its mother's eyes seeking information and that that is partly how bonds are formed........

.....(not much of a bond forming if the parents face is stuffed into a device).

Now, forgetting the obvious accidents that may occur due to the parent being distracted and assuming the same level of neglect (because that's what it is) is reflected in the home environment (I believe) 'some children' will respond to this "neglect" with escalating bids for attention and in extreme cases may develop certain 'issues'.
Children who's parents are constantly distracted can feel neglected and insecure etc which can, and often does, lead to them kids choosing the wrong path in life.
And that's without going into one about the fun these 'so called parents' are missing out on themselves due to not interacting with their kids.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote