View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 15:36   #2
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

Oh dear, what a shame but never mind it was only a pre-season “friendly”
I think it is so very unfair that Johnson is being given so much stick for being outclassed by one of our dummies. As I am sure that, along with lots of other La Crème supporters, Jammy Dodger should persevere with him, certainly until we have played in the league.
Really grateful that Jammy Dodger has passed on some of his knowledge and experience – can anyone remind me of what experience he has and what he has won?
Is this going to be the season when the scousers finally win the league, or are they going to manage to screw it again – can it really be a quarter of a century since they have been English champions?
La crème? – still work in progress but encouraging signs, far better pre-season than last year, should be interesting to see what develops over the next 4 weeks.
Can Burnley manage a successful season? It would be nice to get back to the numbers that I can just about remember when we (Lancashire), had almost double figures in the First Division – September Saturdays at Bloomfield Rd and then the Tower or the Winter Gardens before the ride home on the Passion Wagon were wonderful days.
Are the deadwoods going to survive another season or are they intent on meeting Stanley in League One?
Are Stanley going to consolidate on last season and be in the push for promotion – what a wonderful achievement if they manage it, here’s hoping they do.
What will be, will be – I am sure there will be enjoyment for some and sadness for others – as usual.