View Single Post
Old 22-08-2014, 23:56   #9
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Anyone going to see the illuminations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Don't know which ones you have visited but there are quite a few within an hours drive of here - Blackpool (South of the Pleasure Beach and north of the Norbreck), Cleveleys, Lytham, St Annes, Fairhaven, Southport - all of which are thriving well kept towns.
I know Blackpool pretty well having lived in Norbreck and Anchorsholme - quite agree with you that Blackpool itself is a terrible place but not much decent private housing anyway unless you get well away from the seafront.
One golden rule was always to stay away from Town Centre pubs and bars during the season.
I was thinking the likes of Scarborough, Paignton and of course Blackpool (seafront)
Unfortunately many others are included in allowing their area to be filled up with drunks, druggies and folk on benefits.
St Ives in Cornwall being another one. Me and our peg have been there numerous times, nowadays the place is full of down and out drunks in the town, it's nothing like it used to be.
Perhaps it's due to our elderly not being able to afford to retire to these seaside resorts anymore,maybe they make more renting to folk on benefits

To be honest I didn't think us Brits got to retire these days what with having to work till 70 or something daft

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote