View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 00:42   #178
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Red face Re: Do the Scots REALLY want Independance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You mean you would welcome that greasy spoon Alex Salmond and his sidekick Nicola Sturgeon looking after your interests??? WHY?
These are no different from the politicians we have in Westminster...they are only there to make sure they have a warm coat for the winter.
Also Scotland will have to sign up to Schengen agreement and then all those currently in France but wanting to get into Britain will just get a ferry to Scotland and hop over the border......because regardless of what the political parties say...they will not have control over borders.

It is going to be a huge can of worms........and will damage all those who currently live in both nations.
Sorry, M, I've been a little busy today.

Fair points as usual,I could give you a speech about how I think it's time for 'the Sturgeonator' but to be honest I don't follow Scottish politics close enough to pull it off (it was one of my (many) unthinking provocative comments ).
(I believe) We both know ALL the mainstream parties are virtually identical,by that I mean they are different shades of feces from the same rectrum (please excuse my wording).

That being said, I think Nicola S is semi intelligent, pretty well educated, caring, socially and ethically conscious and yeah perhaps she would make a decent leader for the SNP and maybe,'just maybe' a fine First Minister for Scotland. I hardily ever cringe when she talks, the sign of a good politician to my mind (but that's just my mind ).

I agree there will be damage on both sides...why?......Because some immature politicians tried to play politics with the economy

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote