View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 07:02   #179
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Do the Scots REALLY want Independance?

Well, real life always takes precedence over the internet stuff.......but I didn't really get an answer to my question.....did I?
You never said why you would like Alex Salmond to look after your interests....you just took on the side issue of Nicola Sturgeon.

What she seems and what she is are two entirely different beasts.....and I am sure that like many politicians on this side of Hadrians Wall......she has people who tell her the messages she is to promote.
What is said on the run up to a vote is like what is said prior to any vote.....they say what they want you to hear. Knowing that once the X is delivered to their box.....they can do any blooming thing they like, because the die is cast and it cannot be taken back.

The debates have been farcical and have not taken true account of the damage that could be inflicted on both sides when the people vote to leave the union......and surely both sides should have a vote. There are many exiled scots living in the UK who do not get to say what happens.

It is all a chaotic mess......and is going to get much worse.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote