View Single Post
Old 19-09-2014, 13:50   #269
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Do the Scots REALLY want Independance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

mind you he probbably thinks that now hes got his way with scotland and his bribe has been accepted he will have softened scottish hearts and they will now start voting for him in general elections.

i think hes going to be in for a shock
I am pretty sure that David Cameron is under no illusion about what the Scottish people think of him.
When he went to speak to them he told them that although they might not like him, his name was not on the ballot paper....and that he wouldn't be here forever.
So he knows he is not liked very much.

I think that what David Cameron should be more concerned about, is how those of us in other parts of the UK feel about the 'sweeteners' doled out to bribe the scots to stay in the union.
I think the electorate are going to take a dim view of the way he was so free with his(and the other party leaders) promises.
There was a lot of old flannel about the Scottish people wanting a fairer democracy....What a load of globular objects that is.
Had the scots wanted fairer democracy they would not be so keen to hang onto the Barnett Formula......this was brought in by a labour government in 1978 as a temporary measure.....even the author of this formula says it is unsustainable and is an embarrassment. Yet it is still in place.....giving something like 1400 quid per capita of population more than in England.
Just remember this the next time you are asked to put your x in a box
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote