View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 09:36   #5
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: It's not a problem or is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If the taking of drugs or alcohol impacts on your work, then of course it is a problem for an employer......because the employee is unable to fulfil their contractual obligations.
In short you cannot do the job you are being paid to do.
Your private life is your own business until it impacts on your area of work.......and if you were an employer you would see that......but you aren't and so you see it as an infringement of your Liberty.
I suppose it is a little selfish M,Drugs tend to stay in the system long after the effects wear off.
It's Monday morning and Jason on the fork lift had a few joints over the weekend. Jason turns a bit sharp and some of his load falls off the forks and on to Peter who is walking past killing Peter.

The insurance company demand a drug test and find drugs in Jason's system. Insurance refuses to pay out and a charge of corporate manslaughter is brought against the company. The company cannot afford the immense fine and closes for business putting Jason,his work colleagues out of work.

But as long as Jason can get stoned at the weekend, sod everybody else....I get it now

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 06-10-2014 at 09:38.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote