View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 10:04   #7
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: It's not a problem or is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I suppose it is a little selfish M,Drugs tend to stay in the system long after the effects wear off.
It's Monday morning and Jason on the fork lift had a few joints over the weekend. Jason turns a bit sharp and some of his load falls off the forks and on to Peter who is walking past killing Peter.

The insurance company demand a drug test and find drugs in Jason's system. Insurance refuses to pay out and a charge of corporate manslaughter is brought against the company. The company cannot afford the immense fine and closes for business putting Jason,his work colleagues out of work.

But as long as Jason can get stoned at the weekend, sod everybody else....I get it now
It isn't just selfish it is irresponsible.
I once had the unenviable task of sending home a member of staff who turned up for work still suffering the effects of an alcohol fuelled weekend.
The person was unfit to cope with the work responsibilities which were expected of them.....and as such they were unsafe to practice.
The person received a disciplinary warning and the time off was deducted from their holiday entitlement.

Now are you saying that I should have let this nurse stay on duty and put the patients at risk?
How would you have felt if one of your relatives was being looked after by someone who was the worse for drink?
Had I not acted, then I would have been just as culpable for any adverse events which had arisen from my lack of action.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote