View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 10:36   #8
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: It's not a problem or is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Now are you saying that I should have let this nurse stay on duty and put the patients at risk?
No,Like I've said, if your job effects the life's of others (especially nurses etc) drug test seem reasonable enough to me.

What about those folk on certain prescription drugs? I'm sure your aware that Anti-depressants for example can affect folks performance. More so than having a couple of pints or a few joints at the weekend.

Sorry for sounding like Mr conspiracy but companies aren't treating folk like humans anymore they are treating them like machines where every ounce of efficiency is attempted to be squeezed out of them. They don't want them running on 80%, they want them running on 100% all the time.

As you know,we live in a society where money is worshipped over everything else (it's making for a sick society). It's obvious that jobs like nurses, surgeons or paramedics shouldn't be working under the influence but testing people who sell clothes or who are on the till at Asda is taking things a bit far imo.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote