View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 15:15   #17
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: It's not a problem or is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
This is all bs, probably just brought up in order to agitate the fecal matter ... nothing to do with drugs and booze ... come to think of it, if booze isn't a drug, then what is it? Bottom line is that it's about common sense and responsibility. If you are aware that you have to show up for work at eight ack emma on monday, just don't be quaffing the booze, or toking, or snorting, or hitting at three. Nobody gives ... or should give ... a flying you-know-what about what you do on your time off. Just don't show up for work, or drive, or operate chainsaws when you are still trashed. If you do, you have a problem ... probably one you would have had even if you spent a sober, straight weekend. People who do this are ignorant, irresponsible assholes, drunk or sober.

A sense of responsibility, a large dose of common sense, and an IQ large enough to figure out how to pour water out of a boot without having to read the instructions written on the heel is all you need to manage, or to balance your recreational habits with your work.

I'm having a quiet toke right now ... but all I have to do today is housework, and walk the hound. If I go out to the bar later, I will take a cab there and back. I've already taken my window shaker out ... yes, Summer is gone. So, nothing else I have to do today requires sober concentration.

Isn't there is the morale problem though E? I mean, a work place where folk are randomly tested is one that will be short on trust and good feeling won't it?

Mr conspiracy says:-

There's also the problem of, if folk are tested for drugs today, it isn't such a big move to start to check folk for other undesirable activities tomorrow. Why stop at drugs,why not test folk for STD's,tax evasion or marital infidelity? What is so particularly problematic about these 'drugs'?

Obviously, being off your box at work at work is one thing but I believe a employee should be appraised on their performance and companies are businesses not law enforcement agencies. its funny that on the one hand folk don't want a nanny state, but on the other seem perfectly happy to condone nanny capitalism.Companies should not be allowed to deal with employees (private) illegal behaviour unless it's effecting their proformance.

A employer is allowed to sack you for testing positive for a bit of weed yet the US airforce is allowed to give its pilots amphetamine to improve their concentration over long periods.
U.S. Combat Pilots on Speed - ABC News

Gives a whole new meaning to fighting the war on drugs

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 06-10-2014 at 15:22.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote