View Single Post
Old 19-10-2014, 14:29   #4
Studio25

Re: Three Point Turns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Has anyone else noticed the number of young drivers doing 3 point turns lately, last week there was one doing it in Union Road Ossy, I passed my test in the 60's and I don't think I've done a 3 point turn since...
It's not that big a deal, I reckon - it's called the "turn in the road" and ideally should be done in as few points as possible, but whether you use three or more, it's deemed an important enough skill that new drivers are tested on it.

What irritates me about three-point-turns is the number of other drivers or pedestrians who can see what you're doing, but come barrelling right up to you and get in the way, anyway.

And, the number of people who try to use a mini roundabout to return the way they came, then have to reverse because their car doesn't have the turning circle to do it. The mini-roundabout outside my house has signposts on all four corners, so they can't even do it in one move by mounting the pavement (not that that makes it acceptable).

Quote:
...Whilst I'm on my rant also cars parking facing the wrong way on main roads...
If they do that at night, it's illegal. Not that there's anyone who bothers to enforce that particular law.

Quote:
...and then sticking the nose out to make other drivers let them out
It's the ones that lunge halfway out of the space that upset me. I tend to brake late as if I didn't see them, then come to a halt a few inches from their bumper. They aren't going anywhere 'til they reverse back in.

Still, not many people can spare their journey time for a wry little lesson like that.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote