View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 14:58   #81
thectosian

Re: Accrington secondary tech/Rhyddings

Hi all,
... I've just come across this thread from May 2013 - So apologies for a being a tad late to the chat!

I'm Duncan Ion.
I was a pupil at Moorend school in 1962, moving to Rhyddings Main school for the second and (possibly) third year.
I then went to the Technical School school for the fourth and fifth year (I was in 5X, I seem to recall that 5A did physics and English Literature).
Mr. Smith was the English Language Teacher.
Left in 1967 to join the Royal Navy as an electronics technician.
============
Later in the same thread (amazingly), the subject turned to the Duffys of Park Road. I lived next door! on Blackburn Road. Pat Duffy [eldest son] was my 'blood brother' ! (small nick of blood on each others' hand )
Pat has run his own car repair business (up on Whalley Road, I think), for many years.
The Duffys were a reasonably large family. Mrs Duffy is still with us, I believe. Lovely lady.
[All this is at some distance, as I live in North Wales]
The 'vacant lot' across from Pat Duffy had, I recall, a printers company in the building at the back. I believe it's now a play area.
=====
Returning to the fifth form of 1967, I would love to be able to get hold of a class photo of that year. I seem to recall seeing one of 5A, but not 5X... Any idea where I might enquire to get that?

regards to all,
Duncan.
thectosian is offline   Reply With Quote