View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 15:18   #83
DtheP47
I am Banned

Re: Accrington secondary tech/Rhyddings

Quote:
Originally Posted by thectosian View Post
Hi all,
... I've just come across this thread from May 2013 - So apologies for a being a tad late to the chat!

I'm Duncan Ion.
I was a pupil at Moorend school in 1962, moving to Rhyddings Main school for the second and (possibly) third year.
I then went to the Technical School school for the fourth and fifth year (I was in 5X, I seem to recall that 5A did physics and English Literature).
Mr. Smith was the English Language Teacher.
Left in 1967 to join the Royal Navy as an electronics technician.
============
Later in the same thread (amazingly), the subject turned to the Duffys of Park Road. I lived next door! on Blackburn Road. Pat Duffy [eldest son] was my 'blood brother' ! (small nick of blood on each others' hand )
Pat has run his own car repair business (up on Whalley Road, I think), for many years.
The Duffys were a reasonably large family. Mrs Duffy is still with us, I believe. Lovely lady.
[All this is at some distance, as I live in North Wales]
The 'vacant lot' across from Pat Duffy had, I recall, a printers company in the building at the back. I believe it's now a play area.
=====
Returning to the fifth form of 1967, I would love to be able to get hold of a class photo of that year. I seem to recall seeing one of 5A, but not 5X... Any idea where I might enquire to get that?

regards to all,
Duncan.
Cashman and myself were 4 or 5 years ahead of you at the "Tech" Duncan

Pat Duffy still has a Car Body shop up near the Greyhound in Clayton "Hyndburn Autos" he will be repairing the rear bumperand wing of my VW in the next week or so. ouch !!)
mea culpa
Liam his brother is still connected with youth football I think, was involved managing Enfield FC a while back and works as a debt collector last I heard? Lives up near Rhyddings Park.
Good luck with your search for a class photo...Accy or Ossy ibrary maybe?

Last edited by DtheP47; 03-12-2014 at 15:20.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote