View Single Post
Old 19-12-2014, 22:06   #32
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Coppice gates cordoned off

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I agree that it's not funny really - these kind of jokes are from the Saville days and best off left there.
Nope, it's not funny....then again I don't laugh at 'you've been framed' or 'it'll be alright on the night' and I think 'Harry Hills TV Burp' is an abomination because I really fail to see something funny in watching pratfalls like a baby banging it's head against a camera, a dog getting stuck in a cat flap or someones wedding day being ruined when the drunken uncle falls into the cake..but it's always high in the ratings so obviously i'm in the minority. I never write in to complain.....horses for courses, live and let live etc..

Give me the innocent humour of a soot covered Benny Hill and black hand marks on a white hot panted female any day of the week for a belly laugh. And before the resident PC nuggets jump in..even in the 60's, 70's and 80's he always ended up the loser. Pathos was lost on the PC brigade who hounded him out of prime time TV.

I grew up in your 'Saville' days....funnily enough I ain't a drug addled moron driving around the lake district with no regard for the safety of others, and I have a grasp on the fact that humour is subjective.

It's strange how we are constantly told that we have to accept diversity, yet there is always some PC clown who tries to dictate their own version of what is humour and what isn't.

Anyone with half a brain doesn't condone attempted rape or beating women and I doubt very much that Jim meant anything other than a black humour joke (Frankie Boyle makes a lucrative career with this), in my opinion it was a crap joke..but hey...in my opinion, so is a dog getting stuck in a cat flap..guess you guys who pilloried him will not be pulling crackers next week on the 'crap joke' principle.