Thread: Bird feeding
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 00:54   #19
Sunflower49

Re: Bird feeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
We have the apple variety of this feeder. The birds haven't got used to it yet.
I looked at the apple one when buying the orange, It seemed to be a bit too much like hard work the orange one's just open and you can chuck whatever you like into it, which pleases my lazy nature.

I have also hung up a more traditional bird feeder with seeds inside a container, now. Mr Sunflower thinks I'm crackers because I will go into the kitchen to do something supposedly useful and get distracted by the birds because I like watching them so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I'd encourage the squirrels,I enjoy watching them work out ways of getting the nuts from feeders etc.
Oh I don't mind them at all. Any wildlife is welcome by me and they're very cute.
I've heard recently some things like we shouldn't feed birds certain things but I'm not sure I buy it, I'll put more or less any scraps out for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
We have Snowy Owls in spades ... one on my garage roof yesterday ... (maybe I should keep my camera a little more handy) ... gorgeous birds, and they take care of their own feeding. Lots of nervous squirrels around.
My parents get owls too . I am jealous!Bit too urban where I live.

I must buy a bird bath and a bird house before spring hits. I miss where I used to live sometimes because it had a flat roof on the extension which also served as somewhere to sit out at night. I used to like sitting out there and bat-watching. Not seen one around here.