Thread: Ched Evans
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 14:35   #61
Gordon Booth
Senior Member+

Re: Ched Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
In the past wives were the husband's property and were expected to submit to a man's 'conjugal rights' to intercourse whether she wanted it or not.

Ahh,MargaretR, they weren't called 'The Good Old Days' for nothing. Unfortunately a bit before my time(and yours?)

Also, equal pay for equal work is an innovation still struggling to be acknowledged.

Got to agree, I've always thought women miners, foundry workers and dustbin emptier's are underpaid!

Too many men, of all ages, still cling to the notion that men are more worthy/valuable to society.
Well, you would say that, wouldn't you? And I'd never accuse you of bias.

That is why some men are condemning this man's action and some are condoning (finding excuses) for it.
I don't think any man on this thread has condoned the action of either of these men, whether it was consensual or not but then neither can you condone the womans actions, consensual or not.
What has been questioned is the findings of the court and the jury and whether a man, having served the sentence he was given, should be allowed to restart doing the only thing he is any good at.
I would certainly question the mob rule which influences the clubs decision by threatening its staff and their daughters !

Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web