Thread: Syriza ...
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2015, 17:30   #18
Eric
God Member

Re: Syriza ...

What has happened in Greece probably has a lot more to do with Nationalism than it has with Communism and Fascism. I read an article in some paper ... can't remember which one; so, there won't be a link (ie. something one provides for those too lazy to look it up for themselves), about the re-birth of European Nationalism ... BS ... there is no re-birth. It never died. The Brits would have been part of Europe (not a good idea) much earlier if it hadn't been for Mers-el-Kebir ... there's an article in the "Beano" history: "That Sinking Feeling: A History of the French Navy from Sluys to Mers-el-Kebir." Maybe the Brits should have let Darlan hand over the fleet to the Nazis; after all, the French had already handed over their Honneur and their balls.

A United Europe is not a good idea ... only politicians are dumb enough to go for it. History is against it. It's a particularly bad idea for the UK. Brits are not Europeans. What's that old saying? Let me think. Oh, now I remember: "The wogs begin at Calais." Let's hear it for the Greeks, those wonderful folks who gave us democracy, geometry, and hairy women.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote