View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 21:03   #3
deeayess

Re: Coleman unsackable?

No manager is unsackable but to sack a manager should be a last resort not a panic decision. I don't think Coley believes he is unsackable nor that his achievements in the past mean that either. What his past achievements mean are that when times are hard he is afforded the courtesy of trying to change things.

It is obvious that he has made mistakes such as persisting with players when he probably should have changed it but he has also got us to a decent mid table position and kept us away from the relegation zone and going by accounts of last nights game we may have turned the corner and regained some of the heart and fight that was lacking in recent games.

I am neither a Coley worshipper nor a Coley hater, I am a Stanley fan who believes that he is the best man for the job that we are likely to get for the resources we have available. I wasn't convinced by the promotion talk amongst the fans but neither do I think we will be threatened by relegation and I for one will be happy with midtable because it means we are still in the league for another year. Yes, I would like to be in the promotion places but how realistic is that on our budget? If we hadn't got caught up in the belief that Coley returning would lead us to the promised land would we even be discussing this?

I asked in the past that he learned from his mistakes and it looks like he has and for that he and the team deserves our support. We have had bad spells under all of the recent managers but always pulled through and Coley deserves the chance to continue not just because of past achievements but because it is the right thing to do. Too many managers get the sack too easily and we as a club can't afford to change managers on a whim.

I believe that Coley is the man for the job not from blind faith but from considered opinion but it won't stop me being critical if I feel the circumstances merit it .

So, in answer to your question, yes you probably are the only one who thinks that.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote