Thread: Syriza ...
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 15:31   #38
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: Syriza ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Of course it's an argument. You can't unilaterally decide it's a neutral statement just because you and the editorial staff at Beano have deemed it so. And if it's not neutral then there scope for agreement or dissent. Things like "E = MC squared" are neutral. Maybe "2 + 2 = 4." But once you get past that level you move to "argument." If you say that "Evolution is random mutation and selective retention", you are making more than a statement. Creationists the world over will see it as the opening of an argument. And when someone states something like "Niggers are stupid, and all they think about is watermelon, fried chicken, basketball and sex," he/she has gone way past statement, and is even stretching the definition of "opinion." If you wish to state that there is a double standard out there, one based on uninformed bias and/or Islamophobia, then do so. Don't squat behind "most folk" or "they say" and other assorted bs.
Believe what you will E,like most my comments on this site, my comment was perfunctory.

The British BSing Corporation otherwise known as the BBC showed a article about the Chapel Hill Shooting and immediately cut it off to show propaganda about ISIS...or to put it bluntly 'the (Islamophobic) mainstream media are bias'.

This picture taken from last weeks beano shows it best
image.jpg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 12-02-2015 at 15:37.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote