View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 13:53   #5
Eric
God Member

Re: Bulldozing world history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post

As for the IS muppets, they are destroying history but I wonder how future generations will view them and their actions.
But the memories of "future generations" are usually short, and selective. In fact, 95% is probably not too far off in this case. Not too many now give a thought to Louvain and Monte Cassino. Sure this stuff is annoying; but personally I think that it shouldn't deflect our attention from the major problem: IS can't destroy history ... just the artifacts ... but they can really [deleted] up the future if they ain't stopped. Difficulty is, they are not somewhere "over there, in the middle east; they are here, there and everywhere.

We can't let them destroy the important things: our heritage, our history, our values and beliefs ... you know, the stuff that all of us have taken for granted for so long. They are attacking who we are. Don't know about anyone else, but I like living in a democratic constitutional monarchy, where we do have some say in how we are governed, and have laws that are applied equally ... and all the other good shiite (I don't want to get Churchillian)
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote