View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 07:29   #22
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Bulldozing world history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
Even though many people opposed an invasion of Iraq, it went ahead anyway because the politicians believed that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. History has proved that no such weapons existed but the damage has now been done and we are suffering the consequences.

I for one never supported the invasion but it is a fact that the country of my birth, along with the good ol' USofA were the ones to carry out this il-thought through action. The world will remember the countries who carried out the invasion rather than the fact that the people of those countries were lied to.
Of course that is the case, but to blame the people of the UK.....many of whom demonstrated against the conflict. We, the people,were powerless in this matter.
There may be members who come on the forum who have sons and daughters serving in the forces.....there may even be members who lost family in that conflict too.
It is disrespectful to post in the terms that Accyx posted.
I take no blame for the conflict, but I do lay the blame at the feet of Tony Blair.....and George Bush.
It has been shown that both of these men decided long before the conflict, what was to happen in this area of the world. It was they who poked the hornets nest.......not the people of either country.
Yes the world will remember the countries which set it all off, but, we have to keep reiterating that the people were lied to......and that armies go where governments send them.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 09-03-2015 at 07:32.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote