Thread: HELP needed
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 00:26   #12
accyman
God Member

Re: HELP needed

when my brothers hyndburn homes place had damp the ceilings that used to be white were black with mould and the walls had it also.Hyndburn homes dont like doing repairs the only way hyndburn homes has a good property is if it was looked after by the previous tenant

when the council sold of the properties hyndburn homes got one side of rothwell avenue and saint vincents got the other

saint vincents refurbed and decorated the properties they took charge of and even put new fences around the properties and dividing fences between neigbours etc

when i went to view the property hyndburn homes offered me there were chunks of plaster out of the walls , damp in various places , giant mushrooms growing under the kitchen sink and along the kitchen walls , a huge hole in the ceiling and not one bit of wallpaper intact throughout the house.Amongst many other problems the garden looked like a dumping ground with broken glass protruding from the ground , hyperdermic syringes half burried in the soil and even half a bike sticking out of the ground.

when i asked what the plans were to sort this mess out i was told i would be given a £40 voucher decorating grant and not to expect a better offer of somewhere to live as i was a male

contour housing who own hyndburn homes failed to live up to contractual agrrements on refubishment and repairs.They may have done some remedial work or used some kind of fund that they have to spend and done some properties but clearly they are still failing and have an awfull attitude towards repairs

our MP has been helping fight slum landlords in rossendale i think it was ..Personally i think he should start looking a lot closer to home and try to help victims of hyndburn homes

i would seek legal advice if their refusal to do repairs is causing health problems but im pretty sure they wont expect you to do that as you are too busy trying to survive

good luck and i hope some of the suggestions have helped or pointed you in the right direction of some sort and that you get a place fit for human habbitation soon

ps:

sorry for the long rant but i find it astonishing that all these years on the same housing association still hasnt learned from its mistakes or even adjusted its attitude towards its tennants.One thing you can guarentee despite repairs not been done is that they are still getting their damn rent especially if its housing benefit from people

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote