View Single Post
Old 14-04-2015, 09:03   #218
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Maybe ... but, talking about the scousers, I would like to see clubs have a little more patience with their managers. If United had stuck with Moyes they probably have done just as well this season. As far as I remember, Mata and the Haircut were his purchases. Di Maria and Falcao were a waste of brass. Blind was a good buy because he seems to form a real good dynamic duo with Young. I feel a tad sorry for Pellegini. His players are playing shiite, but it is he that looks set for the chop. With Rodgers, I think that Liverpool should stick with him. I remember reading a news story about Sterling in which he said that if he had have been offered a contract earlier, he would have signed ... and for less money than he's being offered now. And Liverpool's bosses screwed up with Stevie too.
Don't forget Herrera and Rojo, both picking up the pace quite nicely, Herrera much quicker but of course he is playing alongside Mata. Shaw is another one for the not too distant future and there are some young ones waiting to break through. Think there will be further changes this summer but they will be brought in to fit into the developing pattern - fully agree about Falcao and Di Maria.