View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 12:31   #57
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Open photography exhibition: Accrington libraryentries closes midnight tonight mi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
That for me was the best photo there, great subject and timing with the water still dropping from the fish. I don`t feel cheated but whoever took that photo probably should.
And for me too. I would have been so proud to have taken that picture.

As for the imperfections you see in your picture, I think you are being too critical. The picture has a 'life' about it...an essence......it is real and alive.....and being life it has some minor imperfections(as you see it). I would see this as part of the character of the picture, part of its loveliness and attraction.

I found the pictures in the top ten were lifeless and without spirit and essence...they didn't grab me and make me think 'Wow! I wish I had taken that shot....whereas your pic and that of the eagle did make me think WOW! I really wish I had taken that picture.

Seeing photos done by other people can make you look more critically at your own shots....but we can always learn from what others have done...try in our own way to improve our own picture.....they never take anything away from what we have captured.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote