Thread: Local Election
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 21:15   #1
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Local Election

What is wrong with the Hyndburn electorate..

Every single seat up for grabs is gained by a mate/friend/relative of an already sitting encumbent..a couple of which don’t even reside in the area they purport to represent????

All of them are Labour??? The same Labour who screwed our market, our town centre, removed the benches, went down with a whimper about the bus station and the god awful roadworks on almost every entrance to the town (wouldn’t care if these roadworks made any difference but the ones already completed (e.g. clayton traffic lights) make things a damn sight worse approaching from Atham.

Drove into Accrington today from Blackburn and was glad I drive a 4x4 capable of offroad….poor ramps, raised ironworks etc.. at times I felt like I was green laning.

These are the guys who got into bed with Blackburn and Burnley to stop a Hyndburn market development at Whitebirk (whilst Blackburn and Burnley regenerated their own redevelopment whilst we stagnated), the guys who constantly lose investment in the town centre and have lost Marks and Spencers to Rawtenstall (of all places??)

These are the guys who attempt to make blanket decisions about our heritage and traditions despite only recently moving into the area (Huncoat Memorial)

Their response is our electorate has no money, we are poor…we have no money and it’s all the tories fault. But they can still make deliberations, statements and offer support in council meetings about matters on the other side of the continent that have zero relevance to the indigenous natives of Hyndburn but garner votes from the families of the illegal parkers on Blackburn Road..and all this is done AT OUR EXPENSE.

I’d love to hear a response from someone who voted for their LOCAL Hyndburn councillor as to why they voted for them based on LOCAL issues!

Go on...I DARE YOU!

Last edited by Neil; 08-05-2015 at 23:00. Reason: swearing
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web