View Single Post
Old 15-05-2015, 18:34   #225
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Oh Hum its a funny old world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Neither of them but the brattie stall at Spandau U-Bahn was a definite must - and that was on the way for a night out in Charlottenburg
When I used to deliver round Berlin I'd stay overnight at the Toc-H, that being the case I'd usually amble down to Joe Divers place "Irish Pub" (always good for a free pint or 2 & a wee nip of Irish as I delivered there) in Spandau. Always on my bestest behaviour as it was the haunt of the local Plod squad (GCP) & my didn't those boys & girls enjoy a pint or several.

Next door but one was a Kebab shop which thrived on the clientèle from Joe's & yours truly when he was in town. The thing you'd get in there would to be chocked full of meat (not necessarily identified meat but meat none the less & lets face it, when you've had a few you're not particularly fussy ) oniogs & chillli-garlic sauce. What I didn't dribble down my front, share with stray animals or drop along my journey home would last long enough to get back to the Toccy & my scratcher for the night.