Thread: The Tories
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2015, 14:54   #4267
Lucysgirl

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Interesting fact I picked up a couple of days ago-

A typical NHS Trust Fund employs 4.5 times as many managers, administrators and support staff per nurse as a private Trust Fund does. How's that for efficiency?

Having been in both I know which I'd prefer!
I've been retired 15 years thus can't comment on current practices. However, my experiences of various NHS Estate Departments, due to our being an approved provider and/or installer of equipment for several decades, it was a sad fact that time management of NHS In-House tradesmen wasn't considered important. For example a scheduled contract issued by senior management would stipulate date of commencement of job to last five days working in conjunction with in-house employees The reality would be that the finish date could take anything up to another two weeks because in-house employees would down tools whenever the NHS foreman/manager was called away; ditto the in-house brickie wouldn't carry on when his labourer went to collect his wages and vice versa. Unbelievably, we had one contract where the NHS in-house workers had only laid a course of seven bricks in one day due to mis-management interruptions !! Not one thought given to the fact that the public were paying for NHS employees to stand idle.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote