Thread: Small Beer?
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2015, 11:44   #4
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Small Beer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
New commemorative beer set to go on sale in honour of Hyndburn MP's great-grandfather - Accrington Observer

Now, I have no reason to suppose our M.P.'s Great Granddad didn't do his duty, but, should he be commemorated in any special way? Surely all those that did their duty and therefore made the ultimate sacrifice deserve as much praise?

O.K. we can't name a beer after each and everyone, it would mean that none of us could drink that many beers, I'm sure Graham would agree, that rather than pick out one individual that did something far braver than I for one could do, it should be named after something all of us could raise just the occasional glass that considers all those that died for us?

(Lest we forget).
Those beer labels are designed by my daughter Cath from information supplied by me from my WW1 files, she's doing it to create funds for the Pals Centenary in 1916, so far there has been 9 different labels. WHY the sudden comments because some ones grandfather is on a label,
Those Pals Ales have been on sale at the house of commons for near 12 months, My uncle Walter is on one of the labels, he was the last of the original PALS to be killed in action.
Its a pity you lot have nowt else to do, other than critise her efforts to create funds for a good cause.
No wonder folks are deserting this site, she didn't get this responce on Facebook.
Soon there'l be no one left posting other that the football fanatics.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote