Thread: Small Beer?
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2015, 22:11   #23
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Small Beer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
So is this beer being given away then...not being sold?
I did not mean that Caths input was commercial, just that the sale of beer is not appropriate to commemorate this brave band of men.

I appreciate that funding is required for events to take place and all power to Caths elbow in doing what she can to raise the public profile.
As for the work you are doing, well it is invaluable and you are to be commended for your efforts.....I really think that you are a star for doing everything you can to keep the flame of their memories alive...we should never forget these men.
Having said that........

I don't think the comments were snide and they definitely were not opinions.....it was a valid question being asked.
I think that offence was taken when none was meant...and it really isn't necessary.

You need not rant because you are speaking to the converted.
A Eck Margaret.
Our Cath came up with this idea to generate funds for the July 1st 2016 commemorations, how the heck can she give it away. No body on that committee, thats supposed to be organising these up coming events has come up with any thing better, and she's now sold a heck of a lot, to keep the interest alive she keeps changing the labels one of them has Bill Turners picture on it, he was'nt a Pal, but without Bill Turners work Accrington would be in deep doodoo next year, all this effort has put Accrington on the World Map. The Accrington Pals were mentioned in a debate in the house of commons, I was sent the pages from Hansard.
We can only try, what else can we do, Cath is open to suggestions.
If any one wants to help they are welcome, just buy the PALS Ale.
The Centenary events in 2014 were for the outbreak of the war in Agust 1914, and when the Pals Battalions were raised.

Last edited by Retlaw; 25-05-2015 at 22:16.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote