View Single Post
Old 30-05-2015, 08:52   #8
dotti34

Re: The Mandela Effect

I found this thread very interesting. As I hadn’t heard of the Mandela Effect and didn’t know what it was pertaining to, I looked it up on the Internet and have since given it much thought. However, having read the basis of the theory I can’t say I’m a supporter of it. I am more inclined to the fact that it is simply a false memory – as suggested on other sites.

There are many times when I have dates/facts wrong regarding happenings but this is only because my memory has played me false – or maybe the fact that I’m old!

Still people are entitled to believe in what they believe.

However, if it is only false memories then my husband is a prime example of the Mandela Effect, having more false memories than anyone I know. He often relates experiences we supposedly shared, but with the telling comes the ‘false memory’ and I say ‘was I there?’ because I don’t recognise much of what he’s telling, he embroiders the story somewhat.

His stories improve with the telling – just ask my kids, and he is so sure of his facts that he will argue the point, adamant he is right – even if proved to be wrong!

Conclusion is that personally I don’t give credence to the parallel universe theory any more than I give to most of my husband’s stories.

On a slightly different tack I do believe that many of us are psychic to some degree, some more than others. Lots of times this has been proved to me. A regular occurrence is that when I’m making out my lottery entry there will always be one number that keeps bugging me and sure enough that will come up – unfortunately I’m not psychic enough to know what the other 5 are! (But I’m working on it).
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote