View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 01:48   #14
dotti34

Re: The Mandela Effect

I agree Margaret, so-called ‘whacky ideas’ should not be dismissed out-of-hand. I know that years ago people would not have believed that some of the things we take for granted now would have been possible. Come to that, some of the ever-evolving inventions of today I find hard to believe are possible myself. I'm still overawed by the fact that I can see and talk to someone in another country through my computer.....so even things like 3D printers are way beyond my comprehension. As for talking into a wristwatch, well Dick Tracy eat your heart out.

However, to my way of thinking (and everyone is entitled to think how they will, whether they are right or wrong) the fact that names have been changed or some things seem different to what we remember does not necessarily mean that these things have jumped from one universe to another. It is possible that it is a matter of modernisation, making situations more up-to-date, or simply a mistake on some person’s part – spelling or otherwise – or a false memory on our own.

I have an open mind especially regarding strange phenomena, and believe in things that some others may be sceptical about but the evidence provided so far regarding a parallel universe does not convince me personally. I don’t dismiss the possibility that such a phenomenon might exist - that is way beyond my knowledge and comprehension, I just don’t accept that the so-called evidence provided at this time proves that it does, at least not to me.

By the way, him indoors believes there definitely is a Loch Ness monster....
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote