Thread: Signings.
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 09:42   #56
Chrisr
Full Member+

Thumbs up Re: Signings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Chris, the board at Bury had a lot more more money to speculate with having found themselves a 'sugar daddy' as they did.
You really need to get in the real world as a Stanley fan, much as I appreciate your enthusiasm the cold hard facts are that since we got into the football league we have been consistently punching above our weight & should consider it a massive achievement just to still be here & going into our tenth season when no-one gave us a cat in hell's chance of staying in the league for more than one - yes, in an ideal world all the population of Accrington would turn up for every game but in reality that's not gonna happen anytime soon.
I Don't accept we are punching above our weight, Despite ending up where we did can anybody truly say the teams we played were any better than us? I don't think so. It is great that we are into our tenth season but we need to push on, we need success on the field and then you will see an increase in gates. I do call on the board to dig deep and speculate. I am a little surprised that people seem to have got into a comfort zone and are happy to accept our lot. I do live in the real world, with a club brand as strong as Stanley we should market it better. There is a lot we can do via the supporters club. None of us should be happy at having the lowest gates in the league.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote