Thread: Signings.
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 10:47   #57
Chimer
Senior Member+

Re: Signings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I Don't accept we are punching above our weight, Despite ending up where we did can anybody truly say the teams we played were any better than us? I don't think so. It is great that we are into our tenth season but we need to push on, we need success on the field and then you will see an increase in gates. I do call on the board to dig deep and speculate. I am a little surprised that people seem to have got into a comfort zone and are happy to accept our lot. I do live in the real world, with a club brand as strong as Stanley we should market it better. There is a lot we can do via the supporters club. None of us should be happy at having the lowest gates in the league.
"The Board" are just Stanley-loving people who, while some may be a bit better off than you and me, don't have unlimited pots of money to throw at a football club. If they over did it one season and success didn't come immediately, we'd be passing buckets around the following year to try to meet the commitments that would still be lurking about. You wouldn't want our special brand to be exploited the way Venkeys tried with Rovers, with similar results, would you? And look what happened to Pompey - even with regular 14000 gates they haven't looked like starting the comeback from the administration that followed their reckless overspending a few years back.

I totally admire your enthusiasm and think the Supporters Club are doing really well under Nick's leadership. You deserve a better response from the town. But sugar daddies, speculating to accumulate, only bring short-term solutions leading to long-term problems for small town clubs.