View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 16:08   #9
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Accrington Pals Commemorative Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
.Because there are members who are interested in the Pals Story....the sacrifices made by these local men.
And as for some of us wishing we had never posted....I stand by every word in my posts.

As for the promotion of the centenaries, the information about these should be posted wherever people might best access it.
I will certainly not be able to access this information because I am not a Facebook member.
You may think that this is no real loss.....you are entitled to your opinion.

This post has a flavour of 'it's my ball and I am taking it home'.
Sorry Margaret if it sounds like my ball and I'm taking it home. I'm not a wordsmith or a diplomat, just a researcher, a job I know I'm good at. I'm doing it because I enjoy it, it keeps me occupied.

I've spent 25 years working on Accrington's Heroes, and finishing the Job I promised Bill Turner as he lay dying in hospital.
The reason I'm so possesive are the number of vultures out there who would love to get their hands on it, copy it and claim it as their work. I've met the buggers, they've read Bill Turners book and suddenly they've bcome an expert on the Pals. Why let the truth get in the way of a good story, I'm not doing this to feed their ego's.
When I was at the bookbinders we got talking about errors in books, and he remarked on the number of glaring errors in a book he has just done for Burnley, but he is only paid to bind them.
Until Bill Turner started to work on the Pals story there had been no mention of them in the newpapers after the 50th aniversay, but for Bill Turner what would Accrington be commemorating now, nobody would have a clue. None of this would be on Accy web or any other web site.

Last edited by Retlaw; 03-06-2015 at 16:13.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote