View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 16:30   #10
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Accrington Pals Commemorative Ale

I am not a wordsmith either....nor a diplomat.
I just say it how I see it. I cannot apologise for my honesty.
I know the work that has been done to bring these men to the remembrance that they deserve. I value what you have been involved in.....and respect your work and that of Bill Turner to make sure these heroes(for that is what they are) are recognised, remembered and honoured.
But surely the way to keep their deeds alive, they need to be promoted on every site that will host the information.
To let what is a petty dispute(although I do not see it as a dispute) get in the way of this is short sighted, and cutting your nose off to spite your face.

These are my opinions, you do not have to agree with them, but I would say this if you were in front of me right now.....and that is not the act of someone who is a scrimshanker, a whinger or a troll.
I hope the ale and your efforts to ensure a good result for the charity do well.
The information which your daughter supplied about the efforts meant that I was better able to understand what had gone into this charity....But I still stand by my posts. It would be dishonest and contradictory to do otherwise.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote