View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 21:25   #68
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Small Beer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw;1142042[COLOR=black
][/COLOR]
I still don't get why we should have to explain every detail about the Pals projects to all and sundry. Why no comments on the banner on Broadway, Cath and I got our heads together about it 2 years ago, the pictures are from mine and Bills collections.
I said I had posted my last to this thread....but if you really want to know the answer to your question.....then here goes.
Because Retlaw, the Devil is in the detail....and the Observer must have thought so as they gave very sparse mention to the volunteers...preferring to base the story around a great grandfather of our local MP......when it should all have been about how the enterprise came about....it should have been more about the input of the volunteers, about what they were doing to make such a success of the venture....it is they who should be lauded.....for keeping the legend alive.

I don't know how you make decisions.....surely from the information you have at hand...if that information is incomplete, skewed or biased, then the decisions you make about a subject will be wrong.

I am sure the banner on Broadway has been mentioned more than once, and I know for sure that I put pictures of the banner on here.
When I have been out and about in town I have seen people admiring it, taking pictures of it and complimenting it.......you might not have seen this or heard it, .....you KNOW that you have brought these men to life and to the attention of the town......and that in itself is your reward.

Now that I have said that I am done.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote