View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 21:25   #15
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Accrington Pals Commemorative Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
I agree with Less.

Also, if you published under your name, how could anyone copy it and claim it as their own? Yours would be the definitive account of the Pals for generations to enjoy.
All I can say to that is *******. If you look in Bill Turners book on the Pals, page 212 you will see the start of a list of names and numbers of those who served in the 11th East Lancs, supplied to Bill by Fergus Read, that original hand written list, was given to me by Fergus over 20 years ago and is now in a file box under my desk. Look on a certain web site and you will see a list of names and numbers of men in the same regiment. When I showed that to Bill some years ago he went ballistic, and gave the owner a right going over. So how did he get those names & numbers when I have the original, and Fergus never showed it to any one else. Now that Bills dead he claims its all his own work, and has threatened me with legal action.
He doesn't come on here often, but now I've posted this he will be back, one of his spies will inform him.
Him and those two clowns in Chorley plus a couple more so called experts in Acc, are the reasons I will wipe my discs clean before I will boost their ego's.
By the way copy right laws are amongst the most difficult cases to prove. You can find most of what you want on the internet these days, any number of sites showing the same info, (different authors) so whose work is it.

Last edited by Retlaw; 04-06-2015 at 21:29.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote