View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 11:32   #17
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Accrington Pals Commemorative Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
I am sorry, I don't understand why anyone would dedicate a lot of time and resources researching a subject thoroughly and then throw that research away. It seems such a shame that all that time and effort would be wasted. If you publish a definitive version with your name on it, anyone claiming the information to be their own can be pointed at the actual source and author.
Have you looked at the web site I mentioned and compared what I quoted. My work identifies the sources of information on any man, I am not a wordsmith, I have no idea of correct grammar or where all those twiddly bits go ::;;''',,.. etc. so it would make it very easy for some of those clowns to change a few words around put the twiddly bits where ther should be and then start singing.
I served my apprenticeship as a Pattern Maker, worked at it for 12 years, you spent hours to make things perfect, then handed it to the gaffer for the next stage. Sometimes they would come back into the pattershop broken, because some clown had droped a moulding box on it, or somat as equally daft. After a time you gave over bothering and just got on with the next job, so you just wiped your mind clean, just like I can now wipe discs clean, and get on with sumat else.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote