Thread: "Poo dunnit"
View Single Post
Old 29-06-2015, 03:41   #53
carpon
Full Member+

Re: "Poo dunnit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
If dog walkers should pick up after their pets, why do horse riders not clear up after their horses have crapped on roads, footpaths and pavements?
Reminds me of a day out with my late Grandad (god rest him) when I was but a snip of a lad....

After a day out to Blackpool, my Grandad (who never used the motorways ) was driving back to Accy down the back roads through Fleetwood / Garstang....

After a while driving down the country road....Grandad slams the brakes on and promptly gets out of the car ( an old Allegro as I remember ) & goes to the boot...opens it and pulls out a shovel and a big plastic bucket !!

Intrigued...(as any 8 / 9 year old would be ) I jumped out of the car to enquire as to what Grandad was up to.......to find my Grandad shovelling up a great pile of horsemuck and depositing it into the aforesaid plastic bucket !!!

"What's that for???" I enquired wondering.......

"It's for the desert" Grandad replied......

"What's for desert???" I asked wonderingly......

" A Splunge " my Grandad answered quickly....

"What's a Splunge ???" I asked......bewildered.......

" A bucket of muck with a crust on it.." was the reply.......

Joking apart, I always remember my Grandad had a great head of Rhubarb at the bottom of the garden, fed regularly with such finds of the aforementioned horse droppings. My Gran always made the tastiest Rhubarb crumble, accompanied by lashings of custard and thoughts of horsemuck never entered the equation !!

Back on topic....as a responsible dog owner, I'm often infuriated by other dog owners who don't clean up after their dogs....I am regularly forced to vent my splein at such folk who often look on bemused when I point out the basics of being a responsible dog owner. Like has been said before on this thread....they all seem to use the excuse of not being in possession of poo bags...

As for bins.... with all the cutbacks.....dedicated dog waste bins in my area of Blackburn have become a rarity.....we're now encouraged to place properly bagged dog waste into regular rubbish bins.....not knowing how waste is dealt with once it goes to processing, I'm unsure of the impact of said action and whether there is any long term consequence???

That said, I'm all for fines for irresponsible dog owners. Where I take my beloved hound for a stroll, It's got to the stage where I have to watch where the hound is walking for fear of her treading in some other beggars muck.....

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by Mick; 29-06-2015 at 04:43. Reason: language
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote